Rhodiola is a medicinal plant with therapeutic use of which use the root and is helpful for our body when adapting to emotional stress.
What is Rhodiola?
The Rhodiola Rosea, also known as Golden Root or Rhodiola is a plant with yellow flowers and scented roses that grow spontaneously in the colder mountainous areas of northern America, Asia and Europe (Pyrenees).
It is a medicinal plant with therapeutic use of which use the root and is helpful for our body when adapting to emotional stress, physical effort and to reduce mental fatigue that cause us stress.
This plant was already used for medicinal purposes by the Inuit, the Vikings and the people of Liberia.
What are the properties of Rhodiola?
Most clinical studies relate to their benefits and effectiveness on physical and cognitive function at different levels.
Some of the properties of Rhodiola are:
- Improves physical and mental performance in cases of fatigue and stress.
- Improves symptoms of depression and reduces levels of anxiety.
- Increases visual perception, the memory in the short term and attention.
- It helps strengthen the immune system and increase the body’s resistance to toxins.
- Among the properties of Rhodiola is that of improving the gland function generally delaying the effects of aging.
- Improves athletic performance and shortens recovery time after workouts.
- Improves symptoms of depression.
- Another property of Rhodiola is prevention of colds and flus.
- Strengthens the nervous system and positively influences the immune system.
- Improve sexual function and libido.
You may also like to read another article on GuangzhouFlowershop: Care for Azalea
Pathologies that can be beneficial to take Rhodiola
Arrhythmias, adrenal insufficiency, premature or accelerated aging (antioxidant effect), allergies, amenorrhea (absence of menstrual period), inflammatory processes, viral processes, anxiety, appetite stimulant, autism, stimulant of the central nervous system, tumor processes, chelating agent (heavy metals – chemotherapy), chronic fatigue syndrome, dementia, depression, diabetes, fibromyalgia, headaches, heart disease, hernias, high blood pressure, weakened immune function, insomnia and sleep disturbances, vaginal discharge (vaginal discharge), liver protection, memory, menopause, seasonal fatigue, obesity, sexual dysfunction, stress, thyroid conditions.
Possible side effects
We should always respect the doses indicated by each of the manufacturers because if these doses are exceeded there are possible side effects to be taken into account:
- It can lower blood sugar levels so we recommend that patients with diabetes or hypoglycemia consult with the doctor who controls them their blood sugar levels if there is need for adjustments in the dose of regular medication.
- Due to the lack of scientific studies, the use of Rhodiola in pregnant or lactating women is not recommended.
- Patients who take medication to regulate blood pressure as Rhodiola may alter Caution is advised.
We recommend always buy Rhodiola that meets these guidelines:
- Good index of purity.
- Health studies and controls.
- Organic farming.
More on: http://headinformation.com/