Unfortunately, the myth that flowers presented with love will stand in a vase for an incomparably long time is far from reality. Often presented with pure flowers bouquets wither in a couple of days. The reason for this is the greenhouse conditions in which roses are grown for sale. Getting into the homely atmosphere, they are simply not able to preserve their original beauty for a long time. It is possible to prolong the life of the donated plants by providing their usual flora. Read more
How to grow roses? From planting to care. The treatments for the most common diseases and tips for growing roses in pots or in the garden. Read more
Some practical advice to give our roses the right soil and the right amount of water, in order to have healthy plants and thrived.
The rose is not per a delicate plant but is demanding in the soil, humidity, in the pruning and fertilization. A good fertilization allows our growing vigorous roses producing abundant and lasting blooms. A healthy plant is a plant that resists even better to pests. At the base of damaged plants from pests during the summer there is often a shortage of nutrients in the soil. Read more
When you’ve made a choice among the many varieties and colors of roses and you are about to plant your favorite rose bush, it is advisable to stop for a moment to think about the following points…
1) The roses grown in pots can be planted throughout the year as long as there is no frost.
2) In the case of roses grown outdoors, it is best planted in autumn. Then the soil is still warm and therefore still may form some rootlets. Only then the plant will have optimum growth the following spring.
3) Rosebushes like a sunny place, but some varieties will sometimes too hot in a location south. The Rambler roses, for example, are a good choice. ! Look at this when choosing!
4) Rosebushes like a warm and airy place where the wind can caress the leaves. This is not the same as a place windy or drafty, where lurk all sorts of diseases.
5) Climbers should not be planted too close to a wall, where most of the time the soil is too dry. A distance of about 30 cm. It is perfect. Read more
The rose water is a byproduct (or hydrosol aqueous phase) of the distillation of rose petals for the production of rose oil, with a very perfumed flavor and aroma rose very concentrated.
Seasoning very popular in the Middle East, flavored water roses, among other things, creams, pastries, ice cream and even some poultry dishes. In the world rose water is used in cosmetics as fragrance.
Indeed, it is important not to confuse the rosewater with essential oil of roses. If you want to know more about the rose oil you can read about it in wiki. Read more